This week it is my honor to talk with India's 3rd highest rated player, twenty-three-year-old rising star, GM Vidit Gujrathi. Gujrathi is at the forefront of India's torrent of chess talent, and is coming off a year in which his rating increased significantly. His recent highlights include a comfortable victory in the prestigious Tata Steel Masters' section and a feisty draw with Black vs. Magnus Carlsen at the Isle of Man tournament. In our conversation, we discuss those events, as well as the plans Vidit is making to try to ascend to another rung on the Fide top 100 ladder. We also discuss:
- How Vidit has worked to overcome slumps
- His thoughts on the World Championship
- How he rates India's chances in the 2018 Chess Olympiad.
- Whether GM Anish Giri gave him any twitter lessons when he worked as Anish's second.
- Thanks to Vidit for joining me, you can track his progress on his Facebook page.
Click here to download the episode