My guest this week is 24-year-old IM Kassa Korley. Kassa is a strong young chess player, a YouTube steamer, a Duke University graduate, and he also works for a tech education startup. During our conversation he answered the following questions:
- Why does Kassa hate draws, what does he do to avoid them?
- How is Kassa's chess game progressing? He was the youngest African-American National Master in US history in 2008. Is his long-stated dream to become the 2nd African-American GM still alive?
- What was it like studying and playing chess in Denmark, of which he is also a citizen?
- What modern elite chess player shaped Kassa's game the most?
- What advice does he have for self-directed players looking to improve at chess?
- How and when did he meet and play blitz with Magnus Carlsen